Asobi by Yasutoki Kariya
“Asobi” was created by art student Yasutoki Kariya for his senior thesis exhibition. Meaning “play,” the installation is comprised of 11 computer-programmed incandescent light bulbs hung from strings. They playfully re-enact Newton’s Cradle, visualizing the transfer of kinetic energy in the form of light. (via Spoon & Tamago)
- Visualization of internet distribution;
- The pinpointed distribution of the unemployed;
- Domino’s Pizza’s raw ingredients’ delivery routes in the Northeast;
- U.S. electricity network routes;
- Traced paths of deceased bodies being transported to their hometowns;
- U.S. imports and exports of beef;
- All the people in America’s towns and cities.
Full episodes of the series can currently be viewed online for U.S. residents only.